Re: (TV) Shakin' all over Patti

I have to agree with Russ - it was quite a rush (it was my first time,
blush, simper..) especially because the office building I was in at the time
was on rollers and swayed a lot more than a "conventional" building would
have.  We got off really easy, compared to LA after Northridge (all my
friends in Southern California called to tell me how much they envy/hate me)
or India a few weeks ago.  And to think our chief executive chimp that very
morning proposed ending the funding that resulted in this city standing,
rather than collapsing.
Regarding Patti Smith, what you young 'uns (hack, cough, where's my shawl?)
don't realize is at the time "Horses" came out, there was NOTHING ELSE LIKE
IT.  Sure, you could find antecedents, precedents, etc., but no one had done
anything like that before in exactly that way.  And having just listened to
it last night, it still holds up.  Sort of like Marquee Moon.
Oh, by the way, those of you in Chicago - what's the story with Illinois'
roads?  Toll booths every 50 feet and they look and feel like the lunar
surface.  I ain't dissing you, just wondering...