From: Casey, Leo J [mailto:CaseyL@volpe.dot.gov]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 9:29 AM
To: 'tv@obbard.com'
Subject: (TV) Stones are fossilized

I'm really going to show my age now but I saw the Stones in 1969 at the old
Boston Garden both shows back to back (opening were B.B. King; and Terry
Reid)---the Stones were fantastic.

But the Steel Wheels Tour I thought was an abomination--the sound and
arrangements were so processed and the performances had no conviction.  They
are like a Las Vegas parody of themselves now, and haven't written anything
very good in decades.

Leo (who still loves the Stones and counts their 60's and early 70s stuff as
some of the greatest rock music ever.)