From: Gregg [mailto:murderedman@earthlink.net]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 1:01 AM
To: tv
Subject: (TV) soundtracks

RE: soundtracks

Has anybody discussed Henry Kaiser's dis of Toms 'Warm And Cool' in Forced
Exposure where he calls it "boring"? That pissed me off. Try staying awake
through anything Kaiser ever released or one of his "jamband" live shows. I
will say that Tom's voice and lyrics are to me an essential element and
while I like the instrumentals I hereby put in my vote for more band stuff
and ... well, I  rest my case.

As far a Springsteen goes ... Atlantic City, For You, Prove It All Night,
Candy's Room ... a lot of great songs and yeah a lot of formulaic duds but
Bryan Adams!?!?? They both have raspy voices but come ON. What about
'Because The Night'? You don't hate 'Because The Night', do you?

Also, I read that there was a Tom Verlaine solo gig here in L.A. at the
Viper Room wherein he performed as a three piece. Is this true? Was anybody
there? What was it like? I wish I'd known about it. If his forays into
soundtrack work bring him out to So.Cal for more shows, I'm all for it
although I really hate the films of Alan Rudolph. Television should do a
two-night stint at Spaceland. The whole Silverlake scene needs some serious
schooling.

--- Greggluvox
--- http://home.earthlink.net/~murderedman
<http://home.earthlink.net/~murderedman>