(TV) Bells

One of he "unknown" songs Tom did at the Viper Room in LA, and later at
Tramps in NY, was "Bells". Albert Ayler did a song called "Bells" and I
think Lou Reed did a "Bells" but Tom's is different: "No ringy-dingy,
I'm stuck in Sing-Singy". It's about a woman who stopped calling him.
(Then she showed up at the show and surprised him. That was me.) The
knee injury Tom got when a reckless driver hit his car after the Viper
Room has bothered him ever since, especially in bad weather. It's
another reason he hasn't toured lately. He likes to sit down rather than
stand because of his knee, but it's getting better.