Re: (TV) I dont know I guess-Female vokes

At 7:39 AM -0800 3/6/01, chelsea girl wrote:
 >Wow, what a guy-centric list.  What about people's
 lists of favorite
 >female vocalists?
hey!  i'm a goil!

Disclaimer: I was talking about *my* list of fave vocalists, and noticing that I'd listed only dudes. Really--*not* the MM list. Had I but known how it'd look out of context...

here are some amazing female
musicians:

pj harvey.  bjork.

Really liked the earlier stuff in both cases, haven't heard the newest.

sleater-kinney.

Having heard _Dig Me Out_ recently, I was impressed.

rose marshack of the poster children.

She's a great bassist indeed (_DDD_ has some jaw-dropping moments). Does she sing lead on any of their tunes?

should i go on?

Sure, why not?  FWIW, now that I've had some coffee, here are mine:
Aretha, of course, Lullaby Baxter (great lyrics, too), gotta second Larry's mention of RLJ (I always really liked _Flying Cowboys_), Heather from Beat Happening (sue me), Carrie Bradley (Ed's Redeeming Qualities!), Abby Lincoln, Lil Hardin Armstrong, Elizabeth Arnold (really--she was in Steve Reich's ensemble!), Patti Smith....

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/