From: Mtredstar@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 01:23:59 EST
Subject: Michael of Subterranean
To: tv@obbard.com

Just read a scathing [list message] by Michael of Subterranean Records about my
past involvement with the NY Dolls. He calls me a sleaze and suggests the Dolls

haven't been paid royalties by me.
Mike has no idea of the Dolls accounting position with their former
managers-- of which I happen to be one of three-- and who owns what and what
their rights are regarding Dolls recordings. Yet he
runs off at the mouth, attempting to sound like an authority when, in
reality, he's far removed from the facts.
This kind of criticism comes with the territory and I've grown accustomed to
it and thick-skinned but I wish obscure and uninformed people like Michael
would keep their stupid opinions to themselves.
Marty Thau
----------

FYI, Thau is responding to this message:
http://www.obbard.com/pobbard/tvlist-archive/0002/msg00245.html

I got this the day AFTER I sent the message to the list about Mr. Thau popping
up in the Forum on RichardHell.com. Thau must have been looking for references
to himself on the Internet and found both Hell's site and the archives of this
list at roughly the same time.

Anyhow, I forwarded Thau's message on to Michael Carlucci (who is not currently
subscribed to our list). Michael sent me the following:

Philip,

Would you kindly post this on the TV list for me?

Ironically, Thau called me this morning for having called his bizways
sleazy for having "ripped off" Syl Sylvain and Hell. Marty was upset and
asked why I hadn't listened to his side of the story before reacting. I will
not get into what stories he told me regarding both characters but I will
say this, it's easy to crucify someone when you're hearing one side of the
story as I had, when you then hear the other you're now confused, or at
least I am. So since I'm not Judge Judy or Greg Mathis I think I'll retract
my comments until the courts work out the details. I'll be the first to
admit that I was wrong. Heck, I like Sylvain, I like Hell, Marty has always
treated me fairly whenever we've done business together. Whatever happened
between those guys, perhaps we'll never know the whole truth. I for one will
not jump to conclusions just on the say so of one person. This experience
has been a humbling experience for me and one where I've learned that the
old adage "there's two sides to every story" definitely rings of truth.

Sincerely,
Michael T. Carlucci
Subterranean Records, NYC

Anyhow, I realize the arguments of two non-list members seems a bit odd to post
to the list, but I was glad to see  this resolved, and figured both sides
should be heard since the topic was originally discussed here over a year ago.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled Eagles bashing.

Thanks,
Philip