Re: (TV) Speaking of Savage...Pontrelli's Masterpiece of the Week

Thanks for the link! One of my oldest friends gave this to me as a wedding
present back in '91 - it was my favorite present! The Eels went pretty far for
a band that practically never played out & didn't release anything. I almost
lost my radio license (back in the day when you needed a 3rd class FCC license
to be a college DJ) to broadcast LIVE a concert with Electric Eel, Mirrors &
Poli Styrene Jass Band! When the Eels opened & one of the 1st songs was Dave E
& Johnny Morton yelling at each other "I love you" "Fuck you" , I knew my days
there were numbered!!! Unfortunately, that concert (at CWRU, Clevo, on WRUW-FM)
was the last show for both the Eels & Mirrors, though Dave E & Johnny did have
a sort of comeback with X _  X in '78 (X Blank X, the blank was filled in with
whatever they wanted to - one show was X Dead Bob Crane X)

best,
GaryM