Re: (TV) NP...

n.p. Louis Armstrong - A 100th Birthday Celebration

And if ya like that, the Hot Fives and Sevens is exquisite.  Also
digging _The Great Summit_ with Ellington, ca. 1963...

I'm pretty much starting my Louis Armstrong kick. I've had a few greatest hits things over the years, but this double-set is really getting me into it.

btw, how's john coltrane's Sun Ship?

    Pere Ubu - Modern Dance

Another beauty.  First time I heard it, by "Laughing," my young life
was thoroughly changed.  Pure noise, dissonance, and yet it "rocked."

<shamelessp plug>

I just did an interview with David Thomas for my 'zine. All this fun stuff should be online by the end of the month. I'll post the url when its all ready. Also with that will be the aforementioned interview with Quine, Bob Keane of Del-Fi Records, Wayne Kramer, Charlie Haden, and a buncha othah stuff.

</shameless plug>

NP: John Zorn's _Filmworks I_ (How you digging your copy, Eric?)

Dood, I was on a train to montreal, and the train all started shakin' and goin' crazy and shiz when the crazy organ music went on. it was cool. Aside from that, I'm really digging the Golden Boat. What's pissing me off right now is that I can't seem to find my copy of the Bribe.

Greg Grant: _The Disappearance_  (Yep, from our very own Greg.
I still have to hear this stuff.

Oh by the way. Very off-topic (not like anything else here isn't), but like, the best punk rock record of all-time: Johnny Cash at San Quentin