Re: (TV) NP...

At 8:17 PM +0000 3/12/01, Eric Veillette wrote:
btw, how's john coltrane's Sun Ship?

Dunno.  All I've heard of the later period Coltrane is from the
Impulse 2-CD compilation.  Anyone?

I just did an interview with ... Charlie Haden, and a buncha othah stuff.

Whoa!  An interview with Haden?  One of my all-time favorite
bassists.  The duets series is fantastic, and the Quartet-era Coleman
stuff is tremendous.  Way cool.

Haden is incredible. He and Pastorius are pretty much my faves, but there's something much more 'controlled' about Haden's playing. I have yet to have correspondence with him but this should happen soon enough.

NP: John Zorn's _Filmworks I_ (How you digging your copy, Eric?)

Dood, I was on a train to montreal, and the train all started
shakin' and goin' >crazy and shiz when the crazy organ music went
on. it was cool. Aside from
that, I'm really digging the Golden Boat.

"Horror Organ" on a shaking train?  If only you could have shared it
with the other passengers...  I keep listening to the End Titles over
and over.  One of Quine's finest moments.

Definitely. Although not quite as similar, it rivals anything he did on BG. Zorn really brought out alot of Quine's creativity. He does this to whoever he's working with. Have you heard the recent live in Seville?