RE: (TV) Unfavorable review of Richard's new cd

On that note, here's a little something Richard told me when I interviewed him regarding songwriting:

32: Do you find the entire songwriting experience to be a spiritual kind of thing, or is it more of a laid back, fun kind of thing to do?

RL: Ha! I wish it were such a wonderful self-searching endeavour. No, its terrible. I want to say, its really a struggle against certain aspects of myself. And it really humbles me, to find out, as a songwriter, how little I really have to say to the world. In terms of 'marvelous lyric content,' it's just not gonna happen. The best things that I write, are kind of coated. They're not about what they're about. They're about something else. But, the process of songwriting is just painful.

Yea, the first half of the review makes no sense since MM had nothing to do
with cars, beer , girls, but the critique of the lyrics and voice are
legitimate.  i am biased of course and love the cd