Re: (TV) Dubious...

"Casey, Leo J" wrote:

> Larry,
>
> Sorry, I communicated poorly.

i didn't infer any great love or respect on your behalf for Aerosmith.
i just love 'em myself.

and getting to the whole dubious thing anyway, the records/cd's i feel most unease about in my collection are these exact sort of classic rock monstrosities that so much of the music i love, and still love, completely rejects.
some essay i just read recently in fact encouraged people to get rid of these guilty pleasures and take a stand for taste! ( i think it may have been Ian Mackaye)

the Floyd album is really dubious. but when i got this recently, not really knowing what to expect as i had never owned it in my life (who needs to-it's everywhere), the one thing that jumped out at me, besides how overwrought David Gilmour is,
was just the real sense of adventure in the studio of the record. sure "Who's Next" had been the first record to really use synthesizers, but i give the band props for showing just how far you could take it.
larry
p.s. <flame mode=on> i wish you digesters would quit whining. it's not like you have 70 odd messages coming in your mail everyday. <flame mode=off>