(TV) Batteries

Just wondering, did Tom wear a red shirt? Usually his security men at
the door take batteries out of people's recorders and cameras. Regarding
jobs,Tom once worked on the docks loading crates of bananas onto trucks.
Currently, he has a few old guitars he can sell when he needs money. In
reply to the message about drug rumors, in eighteen years I never saw
him take one puff of marijuana, much less touch any type of hard drug.
He doesn't even drink, except for an occasional novelty drink like
Kahlua or mint julep. (He was in the middle of writing a poem which
became This Tune when he sent me to the store because he had an uncommon
yen for blackberry brandy.) He despises the thought of heroin and coke,
and he blames them for disrupting Television twice in the early years.
He hated the addictions of his fellow musicians. Richard Hell told me
that when they first came to NYC Tom had a brief flirtation with speed
and LSD but he was hallucinating rats on the walls so he quit that. I
asked Tom about it and he confirmed it. He'd quit experimenting by 1977.
His only addictions are coffee, cigarettes, spaghetti and meatballs.