(TV) The Millers Tale: Disc 1

Oh my god people ! I've had The Millers Tale for at least a year and I
usually listen to disc 2 which is like a wonderful sampler of Tom's  stuff
from Marquee Moon throught the Television record. Well last night I listened
to Disc 1 really for the first time. I didn't realize it was a live
recording. That was pleasent surprise number one. Pleasent surprise number
two was how incredible !!!! the music is. The playing is fantastic, the band
that includes Daughtery , Smith, and Rip are F***n' mindblowing. I just
listened with my jaw dropped. The soloing on Breakin' in My Heart just sends
me away. The antidote to all this talk about Tom holding back, or not
playing up to snuff is a listening to this record.

Fan Feedback: Re. the tenor of discussion about Tom in general: It seems to
me that many people, through their expectations,their fantasies, regard Tom
as though he lives in a vacuum, or that he is sort of  fossil that cannot be
allowed to change or grow, or not grow for that matter. Let Tom be Tom I say
;-) !

- Russ