(TV) Bye bye joey

I just heard the very bad news. So soon, such a New York staple, such a guy.
I was just another kid in high school, playing at CBGB's in a band called
Dexter and the Dandelions. Joey Ramone, an idol of ours was at the bar. He
was completely nice and approachable and gave us advice, what songs he
thought worked, he took a copy of our demo, we were starstruck. Later at a
Talking Heads concert we saw him on line with us and said, "Hey Joey". I'm
sure he didn't remember us from Adam, but he was really sweet, said, "How's
it goin? How's the band". I can't say this too much, but we loved him. He
got us backstage at that Talking Heads concert and had a beer with us and
his girlfriend. the Ramones were the essential soundtrack to our teenage
years. At Ramones concerts you felt that class distinctions were erased,
Bikers, punks and kids all mixed in good spirit. they were what the MC5 was
to an earlier generation, pure rock adrenaline and fun. I'm gonna put on
Rocket to Russia now and dance around. "1 2 3 4 Cretins wanna hop some
more!".

Scott