RE: (TV) New List Member

At 10:25 AM -0700 4/18/01, greggluvox wrote:
Smithereens (1982 dir. Susan Siedelman) uses the Feelies music brilliantly.
Check the scene where the lead character gets evicted from her apartment.

Y'know, I remember this scene, and thought "Wow! What cool music!" and didn't follow up on it. I later picked up some stuff from late in the Feelies' career, which--while enjoyable--wasn't what I'd remembered from the scene. Did she use existing Feelies stuff, or did they record instrumentals specifically for the film?

Of course, this is all leading toward a request for Feelies recommendations. Fire away, people.

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/