RE: (TV) Shepherd's Bush etc

I assumed the reason why he was renting was so that he didn't have to take
a valuable guitar on the plane with him. Maybe there's another reason?
I actually tried to study his cigarette, remembering the list discussion
about it I couldn't see what brand, but it was short and thick, not like
most British fags.