(TV) A question of ownership

Hi,
I am planning on shooting a small budget western over the summer, and I want
to use some of Tom's music (if possible).  Some of the music I want is off
of Warm and Cool (simple enough, contact the record company and see what the
royalties on the recordings are).  However, who would own the rights to
bootleg recordings?  Would Tom?  Technically, bootlegs are illegal and
apparently Tom hates them (though, he tolerates Subterranean Records selling
some of them).
If one wanted to use a bootleg recording (a live instrumental recording, or
something from Slims solo acoustic show), money would be owing somewhere -
but where?  Does Tom have an agent I could get in contact with?  I don't
have a "fortune" to spend, but if the price was right, the music is perfect.

thanks,
Cameron.