Re: (TV) Rating the TV albums

Hi MMer's,

Keith responds:

<< In message <cb.104c5247.281748e6@aol.com>, Henry17306@aol.com writes
>Except to say that
>I really dig "Warm and Cool" which some members seem
>to dislike this album,

only because it's just not good enough, dammit!

It is good, in fact very good. I see "W&C" as a mood piece soundtrack and not as a "Tom Verlaine album". In fact Tom really impresses me here. I guess my perception is also accurate because a listmember wants to use the album as a movie soundtrack, so it is appropriate use for "W&C"

>whereas, I dislike "The Wonder".

How could you dislike The Wonder?

The Wonder strikes me a meaningless noodling. I can't seem to find a need -- emotional state?? for the album.
No hooks or lyrics or mood to sink into.

Interesting that we all have our perceptions about likes and dislikes. What holds your interest in "The Wonder"? Sometimes if I'm told how to appreciate a song
then maybe the album will grow on me. But having this album since the late 80's and listening to it about a dozen times, just doesn't do anything for me.

Henry