RE: (TV) Aria Jazzmaster copy

>===== Original Message From Eric Veillette <tv@obbard.com> =====

>Can anyone help me find this lost love of mine?

No, but I can tell you a story that might indicate better days ahead.

Last Christmas, I went into my local den of temptation (good guitar store) and
saw a used Ovation on the wall.  I had always wanted one, so I took it down
and played around.  The folks at the store displayed a fair amount of scorn
that I would even be interested in it, and said that it was on consignment and
would probably never sell - it had been there for months.

I left wanting it, but the price (I think around $300) was a bit much to just
snap it up.

Within a week, I had talked myself into it.  I strode purposely into the
store, went to where it had been hanging - and it was gone!  Despite the
assurances of the personnel, the Ovation had found its buyer.  I was way
bummed.  Then I noticed, off in the corner, another Ovation.  It looked very
similar, except it also looked like it had been dropped from a height of about
15' - or even the top row of hanging guitars - since is was missing some wood
from the face of the guitar and had a sunburst of cracks radiating from the
missing wood at the bottom.

I almost thought it was the same one.  When I picked it up and played it, it
sounded and felt great.  But it wasn't - it was some old junker someone had
brought in to be fixed and abandoned.  And it was only $50.

Sitting in my outer room right now.  And bearing up perfectly.

- Rick G.