(TV) Heat & other places

I think Heat was in the Canal Street area, near the
Hudson.  It wasn't near anything else to speak of.  I
guess the only other club I can recall from that days
that was that far downtown -- even further, actually -
was the Lower Manhattan Ocean Club.  Saw some good
shows there.

Heat was pretty decadent. Lots of drug use out in the
open.  I liked the way it had several large rooms, all
rather dark.  A fun place, if I recall it didn't last
more than a couple of years.

I also recall seeing Wayne Kramer's Gang War there.  I
forgot about that one.