Re: (TV) Gigs, NRBQ on Simpsons

I think the Simpsons has fallen into a rut where every
celeberty wants to be on the show, it's reminding me
of the far unsuperior latter day Flinstones from the
60's.  Rodney Dangerfield's and Whatever Baldwin's
appearances were the worst episode ever despite what
the comic book guy said in a later episode.

My favorite obscure reference was when they Chief
Wiggims was in bed and said something like this to his
wife "while you were up there, we were down here
eating hot buttered corn!" which was the punch line to
a joke and in the context of the joke, was beyond
crude for prime time television.

As for "Television" (I am the master of segues tonight
no?) on the Simpsons, Tom Verlaine and co were on the
Simpsons although no one seen it as Tom forbid the
telecast...

greg out,