RE: (TV) New Member

Rick G. wrote:
I also think that Pillow is one of my favorite Verlaine songs of all time,
which got me thinking.  Another one that would be up there for me would be the
aptly named 'Song' from Flashlight.

"Song" is one of my favorite -- well, songs, by just about anybody. I'm thinking of using the final lyric as an epigraph to my doctoral dissertation: "These difficult questions tell me a joke." I always hear a double meaning in that line: (a) difficult questions are, in their own way, funny; (b) "I'm overwhelmed by difficult questions; please tell me a joke to take them off my mind" (i.e., "These difficult questions/Tell me a joke").

- Jesse