(TV) re pittsburgh bands

"sam matthews" <fangsdaddy@hotmail.com> wrote:
> ...plus you had great local bands like the five, carsickness, & the
> cardboards.
>
> i also saw the snakefinger show in '80 or '81. & carsickness opened i
> believe.

then Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com> wrote:
We were at the same show!  Carsickness indeed opened.  I used to work at
WRCT, so I knew a number of the guys in Carsickness and The 5ive.

I've got a Carsickness album over there, and somewhere around here
I have a link to a Carsickness website if you're interested.

Boy, there's a blast from the past...

joe,
i was in carsickness for about a year during their "hockey team/big band" period. i'm mentioned on chris k's webpage. even tho i wasn't a cmu student, i did shows at 'rct during the mid '80's. (that's where i met my wife.)
in case any of this will ring a bell, here's my band resume.

the whereabouts
radio hanoi
96 tears
the bats