Re: (TV) nyc stores

No problem - a favorite subject of mine.

Subterranean is a must, especially if you're on this list. The owner, Mike
Carlucci, is a sometime member of this list. It's on Cornelia St. and West 4th,
in the Village. Lots of rare vinyl and CDs.

In the same area, you can find Rockit Scientist on Carmine Street (lots of 60s
stuff, rare and semi-legit, on CD, some vinyl, some used). Generation Records
(on Thompson and Bleecker) and Bleeker Street Records have the same owner, with
similar stock: loads of slightly more 'mainstream' boots, lots of (somewhat
more common) vinyl. Rebel Rebel is on Bleecker St, further west - small stock
but some surprises.

Lots of people like Bleecker Bob's on West 3rd and MacDougal, so you might want
to peek in, but I've always found it overpriced and the stock is in lousy
shape. Similar thoughts for Revolution Records, on 8th St between 5th and 6th,
but they do have lots of CDs.

You might also check out St. Mark's place in the East Village - starting with
Norman's Sound and Vision on 3rd between St. Marks and 7th St, then head down
St. Mark's towards Second Avenue, and you'll see lots of used/rare CD places -
Kim's, etc. Don't forget to keep an eye on the 'upstairs' shops, too. If you
keep going down 7th St., you'll eventually hit Stooz just before Avenue A,
which has some interesting vinyl. There's even more in the East Village - I
just don't know it as well - but I bet someone on this list does!

Hope this helps,
Philip