(TV) Re: vincent black lightning & CGDGBE

At 7:12 PM -0700 6/12/01, greggluvox wrote:
>Has anyone tackled that 'Vincent Black Lightning' CGDGBE tuning in the last
>Guitar Player? It's kind of scary.

i haven't yet, as i've been trying to get my country blues fingerpicking chops together because i'm going to attend this guitar camp run by bob brozman & woody mann this upcoming week. but i digress---i just wanted to point out at merlefest this april, we saw the del mccoury band do a totally kick ass version of vincent black lightning, bluegrass style. it'll be on their new cd, i think.
sam
ps---actually the CGDGBE tuning isn't all that weird. it's like the "pavement" tuning (CGDGBB) that pavement & thuston moore use.