From: "campbell stevenson" <campbell.stevenson@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 8:33 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) Strokes

Any other list members seen The Strokes yet?
For those in the States, where they haven't been on the front cover of music
mags and reviewed in all the national press, they're from NYC, they're all
about 20, and their reviews invariably mention Television.

Saw them last night, and the main TV connection seems to be that two of them
have borrowed Billy Ficca's hair. That quibble aside, they're well worth
catching. Echoes of the Dolls, Ramones, Velvets, blinding energy and
massively ­ but justifiably ­ arrogant. This felt to me like catching a band
at CBGB's before they went huge. As I never had that chance, unlike some of
you guys, I felt absolutely thrilled.

Anyway, are they known in NYC? Are they rated highly? And most importantly,
is guitarist Albert Hammond Jr related to the guy who sang 'Free Electric
Band' in the early 70s? All responses appreciated.

campbell

n.p. The Strokes 'The Modern Age' EP