Re: (TV) squeeze

At 1:12 PM +0100 6/20/01, Keith Allison wrote:
Can I just say that the strings on Nick Cave's "No More Shall We Part"
album are truly great? It also contains my lyric of the week: "My
typewrite had turned mute as a tomb/and my piano crouched in the corner
of my room/with all its teeth bared"

I've heard parts of it twice so far, but haven't picked it up yet. For some reason, his higher register singing on this one reminds me of David Byrne, of all people. I'm not kidding--each time I heard the first track, I did a double-take. As a Warren Ellis fan, I'm sure the strings on it are good, but the difference in the vocals distracted me, I'll admit.

FWIW, the strings on _The Good Son_, my favorite NC/BS album, rule.

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/