Re: (TV) Miller's Tale Live Missing Tracks

Hi Cameron,

> If you read the liner notes to the Miller's Tale, it mentions that tracks
> 3-5 were removed from the live show recording.  Does anyone know what songs
> these were and why the CD doesn't contain the entire show?

Only two songs were removed. As far as I remember they were
Coming Apart and True Story. Clinton Heylin has the whole
unedited show on DAT.

The complete show wasn't included on the release because it was
simply too long. The plan was to do one live disc and one studio
disc.

I think I've mentioned this before, but Lena Lovich sings on
Postcard From Waterloo, as she does on the studio version. You
can just about hear her. She was mixed out to avoid any possible
legal wrangles. However her vocal track leaked on to Tom's vocal
track. I can't remember if she squawked saxophone on Days On
The Mountain as per the album.

Cliff

"Marc Bolan 1947-1977 A Chronology" by Cliff McLenehan
http://www.volny.cz/klif/index.htm