RE: (TV) Miller's Tale Live Missing Tracks

In message <00B717603414D21187AD00104B94A2DA41A250@EXCHANGE>, Cameron
Pulley <cpulley@navicominc.com> writes

>If you read the liner notes to the Miller's Tale, it mentions that tracks
>3-5 were removed from the live show recording.  Does anyone know what songs
>these were and why the CD doesn't contain the entire show?
>--------------

Er... Desperado, Life In The Fast Lane and, I think, Lyin' Eyes.
Removed, I believe, to maintain Tom's reputation as Mysterious Man of
Music and to hide the truth that he is, in fact, a boppin', hoppin',
fun-lovin' groovy guy.
-------------
Keith Allison

The live TV version of "Life In the Fast Lane", featuring that classic
Verlaine-esque breakdown, where Tom launches into one of his patented 'live
version' soliloquies (a la Souvenir From A Dream, Scientist Writes A Letter,
etc).

The band slows down and Tom starts:

"Yeah... ah yeah... yeah, I knew a guy named Jimmy...
ah, old Jimmy... he had a fast car... fast car...
yeah... always told him to slow down... slow down...
slow down... yeah, slow down, Jimmy, stay outta that
fast lane... just stay out of that fast lane... that
fast lane of traffic... yeah, fast car... fast car...
pretty star... my darling's like a pretty star...
just a pretty little star... put her in my pocket...
jimmy, he just had a fast car... i got a pretty star,
a real pretty star... fast cars go in the fast lane...
one of those fast cars is going to hit Don Henley one
of these days..."

The song starts up again.

I never realised 'fun-lovin, groovy guys' listened to the Eagles.

Cameron.