(TV) radiohead

i think radiohead are a really talented bunch of guys.  i think they are
heads and shoulders above most of the drek out there.  i like how they do
things.

do i think they are doing something totally new and different?  NO.

it's funny you mention them here. after the seattle TV show, the
aforementioned musical history protege of mine, after his "too
self-indulgnent" comment, then said, "well, okay, but they're no
radiohead" - which was an inside joke. a message board we hang out on
tends to look at every utterance from them as some great pioneering
innovative stroke of genius.

i'm not hearing anything there that hasn't been done before.  they're
doing it their way and they're doing a great job of that, but - maybe it's
just me.

then again, i didn't like joel r.l. phelps either.

(i wonder if he's going to read this and send *me* a piece of hate mail
now)

maury, thanks for getting the photos up, and thanks for taking them.
thank god i'm not in the crowd shot.  my hands on the rail are all you can see.
security was REALLY LAX.  not that i would ever ever record a television
show, but i was sorry i didn't take advantage of that situation.  i just
assumed it would be the normal gestapo situation, or i would have been
armed with a camera at least.

[i do have to say, in defense of the emp, they have drastically improved
the show situation in the skychurch.  the curtains at either end really
help it feel less cavernous.  i hate the visuals on the back.  it's a ROCK
SHOW.  it's not zoo tv. i don't need to watch cows grazing (although it
probably helped amuse me during the opening band's set...oopsie, i'm gonna
get even more mail now)]

but i KNEW that tom would have something to say about those lights.  i'm
surprised it took him as long as it did.

--caryn