RE: (TV) Lou Reed/John Cale

What's Welsh for Zen was a good read; a pretty fun book, cool illustrations.
It pains me to know that that hack Bockris was involved.  On one hand, I
have a lot respect for Cale.  He's made some great music [as a composer,
singer-songwriter, producer], and seems to be a very cool guy.  His stories
about his family in Wales, his first two wives, his story about getting
cleaned up once and for all, were all great.  However, it seems (to me
anyway) that for a guy who gives the impression of being at peace with so
much, he still finds the need to bitch about Lou.  I think Lou gets
mentioned in every interview he does.  It's always the same old stuff, as
well: "yeah, Lou screwed up the VU reunion tour."  Of course, it doesn't
help that interviewers prod him a lot.  Still, though, maybe it's time to
let sleeping dogs lie.  I would have loved to have read more about the
making Cale's classic albums, but instead there was too much "I met Lou in
'74, he was still crazy, he made Nico cry."  Enough already.
I guess that pretty much sums it up.  It was a fine book, but it would have
been even better without the Lou bashing.

Cameron.
"Cynicism is the morphine for our time."

Interviewer: "So, uh, John, I, uh, heard Lou Reed is a big jerk.  Care to
comment?... PLEASE..."

Listening to:

...Ziggy Stardust... - David Bowie
Bowie at the Beeb
Transformer - Lou Reed
Various Richard Ashcroft live tracks

And Bockris co-wrote Cale's autobiography, WHAT'S WELSH FOR ZEN, in 1999.

--Philip

--- Per Rosén <per_m_rosen@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Think I saw and recorded a documentary about Cale made by Bockris on
German