RE: (TV) Lou Reed/John Cale/Mick Ronson

Ronson died of liver cancer (I think) in 1993.

After his split from Bowie in 1973, he did a few (unsuccessful) solo records
for Bowie's label. He then worked with Ian Hunter on and off while producing,
playing and touring with other acts, including Dylan, David Johansen, John
Cougar Mellencamp (I believe it's Ronson playing the signature riff on "Jack
and Diane").

His last big accomplishment was Morrissey's comeback YOUR ARSENAL in 1992
(containing "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday", which musically quotes "Rock
'n' Roll Suicide" throughout the song - although when Bowie covered this song
himself the next year, he dropped the quote!). He also appeared on a cover of
"I Feel Free" for Bowie's comeback BLACK TIE WHITE NOISE, and pulled together a
solo album featuring contributions from Hunter, Bowie, and Joe Elliott that was
release posthumously as HEAVEN AND HULL.

I'm trying to find a way to make this post Television-related, but I can't find
one. Sorry.

--Philip