(TV) lou reed boots/ronson & bowie/tom's vocal level/naming yr kid

i'm just getting caught up my digests so here's a few comments:

i think the best lou reed boots are vu boots (just like the best lou lp's are vu lp's. & before you go off on me about how great r&r animal is, remember it's 80% velvets & as lester bangs wrote "it's just johnny winter-ized versions of the velvets.") & for my money the best vu boots are: the guitar amp tape----here's final conclusive proof that lou may be the best rythmn guitarist around. or at least he gives k richards a serious run for his money. sweet sister ray---imagine the velvets doing their own version of "dark star". they could jam. wild side of the street ---- the velvets playing at a rock fest in new hamsphire which sounds about as strange as the time i saw nick cave playing in the daylight at a lollaplooza.

bowie at the beeb shreds. (i too wish they would have released everything from the bbc sessions, but that's what cdr trading is for.) the spiders are as tight as they come. they must have been amazing when they first came to america. the "live at santa monica civic" is a great ziggy-era disc also.

i've been listening to the tv camber sands & shepards bush shows. were tom's vocals really mixed that low? the audience almost drowns him out singing along on a couple of tracks.

sam

ps: on the how can you name your kid zowie or dweezle thread? i went to high school w/richard head, jr.