Re: (TV) VU's "Foggy Notion" as origin of TV's "Breakin'...."!/Bowie+Verlaine+Vaughn

I think Tom wouldn't have played with Bowie for the same reason SRV backed
out, money. Bowie , I have heard,  is notoriously cheap with his musicians.
Anyone ever hear the Bowie/SRV rehearsal tapes that are floating around,
pretty interesting stuff.

:  The whole thing with Bowie throwing Verlaine out of the studio (sessions
for "The Lodger") for obsessing with amps and guitars is almost
tragic----tragic because Verlaine would have been great as guitarist on a
Bowie tour (ala Alomar or Belew), but more important, it might have given
Verlaine the exposure he desperately needed to finally break through
commercially.  I told my roommate at the time of the 82/83? Bowie tour that
when Stevie Ray Vaughn quit as Bowie's guitarist, Bowie should have hired
Verlaine, and/or even had a reformed Television be Bowie's warm-up act!
(By the way, all the accounts I've ever read claimed Bowie---whom I'm a big
fan of ---was a real shit to Vaughn about things monetary as well as the
length of the warm-up band's --Vaughn 's group I believe--- set.)