Re: (TV) Tab - To Cameron Pulley

on 7/13/01 10:15 AM, Cameron Pulley at cpulley@navicominc.com wrote:

> thanks, ken.  by the way, what are your favourite verlaine songs?  do you
> consider yourself more of television fan or more of verlaine fan?  sorry for
> all the questions.

Hmmm, I think I'm more of a Television fan, because Verlaine and Lloyd are
virtually world's apart, and I love to hear both of them work off each
other. I will say that I'd rather hear Verlaine play the guitar live more
often than in the studio and vice versa for for Lloyd. I like Verlaine's
singing, but I think Richard is definitely better at that. But let's not
forget! Billy Ficca and Fred Smith really knock me out! Fred with cool R&B
thing and Ficca...To me, he's at the same level with all of those of "other"
great drummers mentioned. He definitely puts to shame anyone else from the
CBGB scene. Now, for Verlaine songs, I'd have to say: Just about everything
from Flash Lightning is awesome...I like all of his albums, but that's my
favorite.

About that Riff, I made a mistake with that little slide from the 7th
fret...Try the 19th instead. I'll work on a better transcription soon unless
I find one superior.