Re: (TV) Joni throws a strop and rightly so

I have conflicting opinions on this.  The Double Door in Chicago is notorious
for having extremely chatty crowds.  That's all fine and well when the band
is of the type that will just fill the room with volume anyway, but it angers
me a lot when people talk over quieter dynamic acts like Red House Painters
or Bernard Butler (solo acoustic) after having theoretically paid good money
to get in.  I don't think these people actually like music.  On the other
hand sometimes it's the artists whose material isn't particularly engaging
anyway who throw the biggest tantrums about it.  Joni Mitchell is certainly
not one of those, but I heard a tale about Syd Straw complaining about crowd
noise and then being heckled off  for her trouble.