(TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #435

The Line 6 Delay Modeler is a good pedal when it comes to providing you with
all sorts of delays and looping functions, but I was never too crazy about
it's backward function myself. The real problem with the Delay Modeler is
that it does a lot and doesn't have many control dials or buttons on it,
which basically necessitates purchasing an expression pedal to plug into it
and control assorted parameters -and the thing is expensive enough (usually
goes for around $250, plus you'll want to get Line 6's special AC adapter
which is, I think $30 or so) in the first place! What's worst is it's not
especially programable -you can assign three programs, and each time you
unplug it or turn it off, you lose your settings and have to set it up again.

Great device for doing weird things with delay, though. Hell, it's got some
nice modulated delay stuff on it, in fact, and there are some really neat
lo-fi delay sounds you can get in adition to the normal pristine ones -some
of the coolest "fuckin' strange!!!" guitar sounds I've heard since that
fateful day when I patched my now departed Epiphone Les Paul into a vintage,
borrowed EML 100 synth that a friend's dad owned...

But anyway. Haven't tried this next one, but I'm sure someone on the list
has: ever hear of the Erogenous Moan pedal Snarling Dogs put out a year and a
half/two years back? Basically a volume pedal that did a reverse swell as you
rocked it (in either direction) and had a slight "click" at the end of each
sweep to suggest pick attack, apparently to make it sound more like something
that was played backwards from a tape or digital sample rather than just
messing with volume level.

Oh, and another one for the guitarists: what's your favorite modulation
effect (mainly thinking of phasers/flangers here)? I always swore by my
vintage orange-lettering E-H Small Stone, but after the Chicago show, my
interest in the MXR Phase 90 was peaked after mailing Richard Lloyd for an
effects list and finding out he'd used that one. I didn't know those were
capable of sounding so damn deep and swooshy!