(TV) NP/NR

Just lying in bed on a Sunday morning listening to Johnny Dowd's third
album "Temporary Shelter" and re-reading Charles Shaar Murray's
"Crosstown Traffic". Anyone else like Dowd? He's from Ithaca NY. Sounds
like a manic-depressive Johnny Cash locked in a time-warp with Hank
Williams (on acid) and Van Der Graaf Generator ca. 1971. Or something.
All three of his albums are great but this is the one that goes
farthest-out (though I'm not quite sure in which direction). Maurice, I
have a feeling you'd like it.

The Hendrix book is as good as I'd remembered and serves neatly to place
the man firmly in context between Blues, rock, soul and jazz.