RE: (TV) subterraneans?

eric gregory <crackcity_2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
"i've got an odd off-topic query here:
anybody ever heard the 7" of "my flamingo" by the
subterraneans? they featured soontobe-members of the
damned & were led by fabled rockcrit nick kent...
i really dig kent's writing & taste & am dying to hear
what his songs were like...if anyone's come across
this nugget (which has a b-side) & has an opinion &/or
knowledge, i'd sure love to get the poop...
& to top it all off, anyone know if anything else was
ever recorded? i know glen matlock played in a later
version but don't think anything came of it..."

eric.
i have the 45 w/the picture sleve.
it's on demon records. the aside is "my flamingo" & the bside is "veiled woman". both tunes are credited to nick kent. there's no other credits. truthfully, i haven't listened to it years but i remember it as a vaguely rocking piece of alt pop for 1980. nothing too extreme. i bought it because i used to read nick in nme & i knew about his k richards/heroin thing.
if you need a copy, email me offlist & we'll set something up.
sam