(TV) Intros/etc.

After reading Dan Jones'  intro of Mon., 7-23, I realized that I've been
remiss & unmannerly in failing to do the same.  I've been a subscriber
to the MMML for one month now, mostly just anxiously awaiting my dailyTV
digest fix of the information that truly matters.
I'm 51 (only a few weeks younger than Tom V.), and although I've been an
avid rock 'n' roller all my life, I've only been aware of/obsessively
into Television/Tom Verlaine et al for a little over a year (I don't get
out much, and have been living in a culturely/musically deprived area -
around Harrisburg, PA).
Thanks to one and all for all of the interesting discourse.  I
especially want to thank those that commented on "Wipers" & Greg Sage a
few weeks ago (another great band I was unfamiliar with: picked up "Over
the Edge" - enjoyable listen, great driving music!), and heartfelt
appreciation to Casey, Leo J for the "dusty, paper archives" interview!

Don Mallen

(one thing I can add in defense of my lateness in getting hip to "the
only worthwhile Television" is thatI have at least given my 13 yr. old
daughter a proper education - in spite of her typical interest in the
boy-toy bands, etc., she can pick out a Television/Tom Verlaine tune a
mile away [as well as a Hendrix, or NY Dolls/Johnny Thunders, or Ramones
tune!)