RE: (TV) OT Eno and Semi - On Topic CJ & F

without belittling or underestimating the impact/force
folk like bowie, roxy, et al. had on the music we all
know & love (tv, etc.), it's really awe-inspiring to
comprehend how much reed & the vu shaped & propelled &
instigated....bowie wouldna ever done the shit he did
w/out the vu, eno & ferry both swore allegiance to the
vu recs...even back here, iggy mentions hearing the
velvets as a satori moment...hell, verlaine,
patti....shit, even blondie namedrop em as an
influence...laughner, mirrors, electric eels....big
star, j richman....i don't think one would be making
too large & overgeneralized a statement when claiming
that anybody who meant anything in rock & roll from
70-76 was in some way shape or form, inspired or
directly influenced by reed/velvets...even the
krautrock groups like can & faust...
(& no discredit to cale, sterling, mo, etc...i use the
velvets here as an inclusive all).