Re: Subject: RE: (TV) OT Eno and Semi - On Topic CJ & F

The Rock'n'Roll being discussed here (which has nothing to do with the mo tucker discussion) is being discussed in a joking manner - it's some demo from the Rhino edition where I guess Steve Sesnick wanted to feel included somehow so he hit the frickin' cowbell a gazillion times - and it's hilarious.

And I agree with you on a certain aspect - Loaded doesn't come anywhere near the impact of WL/WH or VU&N, but you can't deny that that album is just packed with great songs.

I don't want to sound like I'm unimpressed with Mo Tucker or anything, but
she barely played on the album at all. What version of "Rock and Roll" is
being discussed here? My opinion is that Loaded is the Velvets' worst album
for that very reason - that Maureen Tucker wasn't there. I think that that
droning style she had is the big reason (not exclusively) that the VU never
could approach mainstream until Loaded. In my opinion, they kind of stunk
because of that (minus Mo and Cale).