Re: (TV) RE: Beatles Influence on Television

Stones used minor chords too. what are you talking about?
Beatles are one  of the holy trinity along with stones & dylan,
thank you,Lee

From: Ken Thompsen <joseph-k@swbell.net>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) RE: Beatles Influence on Television
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:15:03 -0500

> ------------------------
> I'm not really disagreeing with either of you------just that in that 1987 > (Sept./Oct.) Option Magazine interview (the one that used to be on the now > defunct "Rivethead"/Unofficial Television web-site) TV talked at length about > how he wasn't that big a fan of the Beatles and how why he instead preferred > the Stones or the pop hits of Petulia Clark to the Beatles. Which doesn't
> mean he wasn't influenced by the Beatles.
>
> (By the way, I can't find an electronic copy of this Option interview by Maria > V. Montgomery ("Tom Verlaine on Music, Books, Films and ....." anywhere on the
> internet---anyone know where it resides or have an electronic copy?)

I can say this...I just gave the chords for Without a Word to Cameron and I
can tell you it's very Beatle(ish). Like a Roy Orbison song or something,
who influenced the Beatles a lot. Even though Verlaine says he was
influenced by the Stones and such (which I believe), Rock and Roll changed a whole lot because of the Beatles (who copied Chuck Berry and Roy Orbison) by
incorporating minor chords in their progressions, jumping into minor chords
at the bridge of a song, etc..If it was up to the Stones, EVERYTHING would
still be blues based...but it's not, and the Beatles are the first to try
all of that.