RE: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #447

Dude, if F. Scott had finished "The Love of the Last Tycoon", we wouldn't be
sitting around talking about SGT PEPPER vs. PET SOUNDS vs. EXILE vs. DARK SIDE
vs. MARQUEE MOON etc. It would have been THE masterpiece of the 20th century.
If he had just had the support of his publisher and editor, if the public had
been a little more understanding, if he could have purged his inner demons and
stayed away from the booze... oh well. "Too fast to live, too young to die,
bye-bye." I hear that even the unfinished stuff in the vaults is unbelievable!

Of course, I really think he changed his name to "Stag Cleft Do-Fritz" and is
hiding out in Africa with JM.

--Philip