Re: (TV) OT: Earliest memory of rock / Pink Elephants

Cliff,

thanks, thats what I keep hearing. I'll keep an eye out for the first album.

From: "Cliff McLenehan" <klif@volny.cz>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) OT: Earliest memory of rock / Pink Elephants
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 20:12:41 +0200

Eric,

> Mick Harvey put out two albums of Gainsbourg covers. I have the second one,
> Pink Elephants, and well, it's ok. They're faithful reproductions, but
> doesn't realy add anything interesting.

You've actually got the inferior one. To be honest I don't know why
it was put out. It consists mainly of tracks which were either left off
of the first album or which were not finished, plus a handful of
tracks which appeared on Mick Harvey and Anita Lane CD singles.

Get the first one.

Cliff
"Marc Bolan 1947-1977 A Chronology" by Cliff McLenehan
http://www.volny.cz/klif/index.htm