From: Philip P. Obbard [mailto:pobbard@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 3:45 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) The Wonder CD singles (the funniest thing)

That's very interesting - it might be a "funniest thing" with this
particular
CD single... I have three stories about trying to find it:

1. In the fall of 1994, during a trip to NYC, I found the "Kaleidescopin'"
CD
single for about $3 on the racks of a Manhattan used CD store. It was one of
those stores where the jewel cases are all displayed, but the CDs are behind
the counter. So I brought up the jewel case to buy it, but the store owner
could not find the CD anywhere. He spent about 15 minutes looking, and then
took my address and phone number and promised to contact me when he found
it. I
never heard from him.

2. Sometime during 1999, I won a copy of this CD single on Ebay for less
than
$10. The same day I won it, I got an email from the seller telling me that,
due
to a family emergency, he was was canceling all of his auctions
(retroactively
canceling even the one I had already won) and would get in touch with me in
the
future. I never heard from him.

3. In 2000, I won a copies of both CD singles on Ebay. Despite my repeated
emails, the seller never contacted me or told me how to pay him. Then,
bizarrely, several weeks later, he sent me both CDs in the mail, but again,
he
never responded to emails about payment. So I wound up getting them for
free.

Third time's a charm!

--Philip