Re: (TV) The Horror (OT)

In a message dated 8/27/01 2:28:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jaypontrelli@yahoo.com writes:

> And, of course, the use of the
> Doors' "The End" is unquestionably the greatest use of
> popular music in cinema history (IMHO).

Boy, as a knee-jerk reaction, I want to disagree with this. However, I can't
think of anything quite so well done and so appropos. Good call!

       -- Owen

PS: Waaaay off topic (but on this side topic) - For my money, the best
consistent use of popular music in a TV series was "Homicide: Life On The
Street". Eclectic choices, often surprising, but always spot on.

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he's [a
jerk], you've got his shoes and you're a mile away"
    -- Rev. Billy C. Wirtz