(TV) Speaking of blowing fuses...

... I changed the power cord on my Ampeg Reverberocket the other day
since I was getting some AC voltage (10V or so) leaking between the guitar
and microphone.  Black & white the to the same points, green to the chassis.
Played for about 10 minutes after the fix was in - no voltage between the
guitar and mic any more, and no noticable change in hum.  Hooray!

Turned it off for the night, got up the next morning and powered up...
and blew a fuse.  Didn't even notice at first because the volume was down,
but the red light was sloooooowly fading.  Opened her up again, doublechecked
the connections, looked OK, powered up.... POOF.  Removed the ground wire
and tried again.... poof.   Took the tubes out, powered up... poof.

Dammit, I need this amp to finish the song for the new tribute disk!
Anybody who has a clue on debugging amps, please drop me a line off-list.
Thanks...