From: "Emilie Hsu" <ehsu@mindspring.com>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Subject: (TV) NYC
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:09:38 -0400

Sorry to be the last to check in -- I couldn't get an internet connection
until now!  Landlines were sporadic yesterday, and wireless phones were
either down or sporadic as well.  I am fine, everyone I know is fine.
Everyone I know who work in WTC or around WTC is fine and was evacuated on
time.  I feel terrible for the fire-fighters who were trapped inside when
the towers collapsed...

The city architecture is not at all affected above 14th street so, I can
only imagine that Richard and his family are fine.  Likewise, if anyone you
know lives/works above 12th or 14th street, you can assume that they are not
affected...  I know it's nerve-wrecking because phones are not working
right.  Not a lot of traffic on the street, people are afraid to take the
subway -- everyone I know walked to work today. I will be happy to check on your friends and relatives in the city if your calls can't get through (long
distance did not seem to work yesterday).  Although, as I mentioned before,
internet is sporadic...  Please feel free to email with phone numbers
off-list if you would like me to check.