RE: (TV) Diff. kind of "what's playing" list

Scott Neukam wrote:
>In this eventful past week, what have you been
> listening to?

After the first 2 days of constantly watching tv reports
or listening to the radio about the Twin
Towers/Pentagon terror, I began to feel rather
overwhelmed.  So after considerably reducing my tv
watching, (and feeling a little guilty about it) I have now
been listening almost exclusively to an NPR station
that is playing classical music (only somber pieces)
with 3-minute news updates every hour.

But the repetitive mood of these pieces has
begun to seem almost as unrelentingly depressing
as the tv news reports themselves.  So I am actually
going to a pot-luck dinner/party tomorrow that an old
friend had scheduled 2 weeks ago.  There will be live
music; people are bringing their electric instruments
and I'll be bringing some (uplifting?) Television/TV and
Asa Brebner recordings to which I will attempt to
subject the attendees during breaks in the live music.
I think many people need to get away from their
tv's/radios, take a break, and try to get their minds
elsewhere------even if it's something like a Sat. musical
eve get-together in Watertown, MA.

	Leo

PS: Today I have also been listening to a lot of
Boston/local rock:

Asa Brebner ----"Prayers of a Snowball in Hell"
[more from me on his music in another e-mail someday]
Robin Lane and the Chartbusters - "Catbird Seat", and
Imitation Life"
The Neighborhoods/David Minehan